Welcome to Prana, voted Best of the Fox!
We offer both traditional and contemporary yoga to meet the needs of the beginner to the advanced yoga student.
Explore all our yoga styles including:
• Beginners • Restorative • Hatha • Kundalini • Forrest • Vinyasa Flow • Prenatal • ChildBlossom Yoga
For first time yoga practitioners, we recommend following the class progression:
Restorative Yoga offers the amazing benefits of yoga by using ease rather than effort. Perfect for healing and rejuvenating, and releasing psychic tension. Anyone can benefit from Restorative Yoga no matter what level of activity you are accustomed to and no matter what your experience is with yoga. Postures are practiced with supportive props such as, blankets, bolsters, blocks, and straps aid the ease in your effort.
For the best experience, we recommend completion of our Beginner’s Yoga class and knowledge of the sun salutations before attending Vinyasa Flow or Forrest Yoga Classes.
Vinyasa Flow, an active practice, synchronizes breath with movement creating a seamless flow from posture to posture. Creatively sequenced, our Vinyasa Flow 1 class features movement and mindful holds using sun salutations, twisting, back-bending, and inversions. After this purifying activity, awaken and connect to your subtle energy body with pranayama (breath/energy work) and meditation.
Vinyasa Flow 1-2 applies the basics of Vinyasa 1 to a more advanced practice, exposing you to a wider range of poses, creative transitions, and a more dynamic pace. Increase the power and fluidity of your Vinyasa yoga practice.
Forrest Yoga offers a rigorous physical challenge supported by deep internal focus. It emphasizes how to transfer your lessons on the mat into daily life. Engage your body’s core strength, alignment, and breath with precision. This class provides both mental and physical release while enriching your self-knowledge. Forrest Yoga is founded on four pillars: breath, strength, integrity, and spirit.
Prana Yoga Center prenatal policy is that expecting mothers may attend only prenatal yoga.
Watch the video to learn more about Prana Yoga Center, our programs, and testimonials from students.
Why Practice Yoga at Prana?
- Classes for everyone, regardless of your fitness level, age or yoga experience.
- Convenient class times with over 35 classes per week.
- Classes that provide a complete mind-body-spirit practice with asana (physical poses), pranayama (breath control), and meditation
- A wide variety of yoga class styles ensure there’s a class designed for your specific needs and abilities
- Skilled & caring teachers who are among the most highly trained and experienced in the Chicago area
- An infrared heated studio, wall rope system, and extensive yoga props ensure your practice is safe and accessible
- Clean, friendly, non-intimidating environment
- Serving the community for 18 years
We’ve been voted a Best of the Fox Reader’s Choice Winner for over 10 years
When you practice yoga, you will:
- Calm your mind, reduce your stress and improve your sleep
- Strengthen your muscles, increase flexibility, and find balance
- Lower your blood pressure and improve your circulation
- Increase your metabolism and your energy level
- Sharpen your mental clarity and enhance your creativity
- Find an avenue for spiritual growth, self-discovery and personal transformation.
STILL NOT SURE?
We are here to help you find the right class! Fill out the form below. We’ll get in touch to help you within 24 hours.
Need immediate assistance? Give us a call at 630-262-9642.